SisTers PGH is hiring an Administrative Assistant. The deadline to apply is Monday, March 14, and can be done by emailing a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Review the full job description below.
Sisters Pgh is looking for a Personal Assistant to become a part of our work to end the homelessness crisis faced by our transgender and nonbinary communities of Pittsburgh/Allegheny County. The Personal Assistant will report to Ciora Thomas, Founder & Executive Director, and will aid in keeping Ms.Thomas and the SisTers Pgh Office organized while also remaining attentive to Pittsburgh’s LGBTQIA community needs, activities, and forums. Preference will be given to candidates with the lived experience of our primary service demographic.
Sisters Pgh is a Black and Trans-led transitional housing program that serves Trans and Nonbinary people in Southwestern PA. Our care practice is rooted in harm reduction, human rights principles, economic and social justice, along with a commitment to empowerment and pride in finding solutions from our own community. This position is $25/hour, full-time at 40 hours per week.
- Organize and maintain all office files and filing systems
- Create, type, and proof documents as directed by the Executive Director
- Screen & respond to or appropriately direct all incoming telephone calls, texts, mail, & emails
- Organize and maintain Executive Director’s Calendar, including scheduling and reminders
- Screen Service Requests (including calls and emails), ensure they reach the appropriate program lead, and generate a referral package that will be submitted to the Executive Director
- Deposit checks and issue receipts for all money collected and record property transactions
- Maintain and submit time/attendance/payroll information to the Personnel Director on a weekly basis
- Work closely with SisTers PGH Committees, Partners, & Clients
- Keep the Director abreast of office interactions/activity when the Executive Director is off-site
- Reserve travel arrangements as instructed by the Executive Director
- Coordinate availability to travel alongside the Executive Director, with adequate notice
- Attend office hours Monday through Friday 10:00 am – 6:30 pm
- Be available after center hours for administrative emergencies, with adequate notice
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned by the Executive Director
- Minimum requirement of having knowledge of trans and gender-nonconforming identities and culture
- Minimum requirement of 2+ Years of experience in Office Organization/Personal Assisting
- Must be computer literate, particularly with Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Must have strong communication skills, with the ability to write and speak professionally when needed
- Preferred knowledge of project management and digital communications
- Preferred training in De-Escalation/Crisis Intervention
- Must have the ability to be punctual, to multitask, and to adapt to changes
- Must submit state and FBI background check
- Must be able to pass child abuse clearances
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to consistent and reliable transportation
- Must be a resident of Pittsburgh/Allegheny County
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 3/14/2022 with a resume and cover letter explaining your interest and experience in this position. If selected for an interview you will be contacted by the Executive Director. Thank you for your interest.