Jason Shavers joins Jim Sheppard for the January 2021 QBurgh Podcast. From surviving in quarantine and how 2021 feels a little bit better to Drag Queens and learning to vogue, Jim and Jason tackle a wide range of topics for the LGBTQ Community of Pittsburgh. Shout outs to Lola LeCroix, Dixie Sherwood, Sonia May Bottom, Blade Matthews, and the lovely ladies of Brewer’s.
Show Notes and articles referenced:
- About Jason Shavers – Jason is a local Pittsburgh actor and writer for QBurgh.
- QWellness – QWellness is the new once monthly LGBTQ health and wellness newsletter presented by Central Outreach Wellness Center and QBurgh.
- 2021 feels a little bit better – A new president and being able to say Vice President Kamala Harris.
- Dr. Levine is awesome and the internet haters suck – Dr. Rachel Levine will be the first trans federal official and dumb people post dumb things on the internet
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race & Got Mik – Who’s the best on the new season of Drag Race and Got Mik is the first trans contestant on the show.
- Drag Queen of the Year pageant competition award contest competition – Alaska and Lola LeCroix are putting on a pageant.
- Maison De Lecroix candles – does this candle smell like a man?
- Dixie Surewood
- Looking forward to post-pandemic
- Binge worthy television – What we’re watching on Netflix, Hulu and HBO Max. Which show has the hottest snacks?
- Staying fit and active – New Year New You?
- Brewer’s Drag & Dine
- Mom’s Basement Invades 5801
- Vogue 101 & True T PGH
- John Fetterman and his flags
- Get the vaccine