Pumpkin pie — that most quintessential of holiday desserts. Here’s my own favorite take on pumpkin pie — one that skips the sometimes-finicky, sometimes-soggy pie crust for one made from crispy honey graham crackers. Add a heaping spoonful of ground ginger and you have the pumpkin pie we look forward to all year long.
This easy pumpkin pie recipe is a classic with a spicy twist! This holiday treat has a crisp buttery graham cracker crust, a rich smooth filling, and all your favorite fall spices. You can make it days in advance and its freezer friendly. I packed in all my tips and trick for the perfect pie so you can bake with confidence!
Pumpkin pie is one of my all-time favorite desserts. With a smooth, creamy filling loaded with lots of flavor and my slice always has a mountain of whipped cream. Store-bought pie can just never compete!
Ginger Pumpkin Pie
prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 40 MINUTES additional time: 2 HOURS total time: 2 HOURS 50 MINUTES
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 cups ginger snap cookie crumbs, finely crushed
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 &1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground gloves
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 & 2/3 cups pumpkin purée
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the Crust
- In a large bowl, mix ginger snap cookie crumbs and melted butter. Mix until the butter is fully incorporated into the crumbs.
- Press your crust into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from oven and set aside.
For the Pumpkin Pie
- In a medium bowl, whisk together white granulated sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend together eggs and pumpkin purée.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Gradually add evaporated milk and mix until milk has been fully combined with pumpkin pie mixture.
- Add pumpkin mixture to baked pie crust. Set aside.
For the Cream Cheese Swirl
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add corn syrup and vanilla extract and continue to blend until combined.
- Place cream cheese mixture in a piping bag and make swirling patters on top of the pumpkin pie mixture.
- Bake pie for 40 minutes,
- Once baked, remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature. When at room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and let set in the fridge for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from pie plate, top with some fresh whipped cream, and enjoy!