It’s the most wonderful cookie of the year! Welcome to the quintessential holiday cookie and a must for any cookie table (it’s a Pittsburgh thing). It doesn’t take long to whip up a batch of these melt in your mouth, soft & chewy peanut butter blossoms.
These delicious Peanut Butter Blossoms are a holiday classic! Soft and chewy peanut butter cookies rolled in sugar and studded with a chocolate kiss! What makes these cookies stand out is the extra depth of nutty flavor by swapping out vanilla for almond.
These cookies are simple enough to make any day of the week. And if you want to mix things up, you can use different Hershey’s Kisses…dark chocolate, caramel, almond, or even Hugs.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
prep time: 5 MINUTES cook time: 8 MINUTES additional time: 5 MINUTES total time: 18 MINUTES
- 1 & 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 24 chocolate kisses
- Preheat over to 375F
- Sift flour and baking powder together then whisk to combine.
- Cream butter, peanut butter and both sugars in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract then add flour mixture and beat until incorporated. You can chill dough for about 30 minutes if you’re baking in advance but the dough can be rolled out and baked right away.
- Roll dough into one inch balls. Roll each in sugar the place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone sheet
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes or until puffed and SLIGHTLY browned on the bottom. Remove from oven and press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Slight cracks are fine.
- Bake cookies an additional 3 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on baking sheet, enjoy warm.